Eatin’ & Drinkin’ | KIFF Recommends…
As well as devouring film, we’ve keen appetites for other delectables to be found in and about Killarney.
Proper coffee, like.
- Treyvauds – A family-run restaurant specialising in international cuisine.
- Bricín Restaurant – Established 26 years ago by two brothers with a love of Irish cuisine and culture.
- The Cellar at The Ross – They’ve an excellent range of natural and biodynamic wines.
- The Mad Monk – Superb award winning Kerry seafood from the the much-lauded Quinlan’s group.
- Murphy Brownes restaurant – No 1 in Killarney on Trip Advisor. Seriously good.
- The Curious Cat – A popular cafe with great vegetarian options.
- Milanos – The well-known pizza chain is a stone’s throw from KIFF venues and always reliable.
- Khao Asian Street Food – Who doesn’t love a good Thai dish with an ice cold beer?
- Kayne’s Bar & Bistro – offers a friendly and relaxing atmosphere; a popular choice for locals.
- Eleven77 Food Bus – an exciting take-out menu from an innovative team.
Toothsome Fayre w/ Pint
- JM Reidy’s – Basically we love this place, for eating and drinking, morning, noon and night.
- Courtneys – One of the oldest and most celebrated pubs in Killarney. Beautiful wooden interiors.
- The Laurels Pub – Beloved Killarney pub, owned by the O’ Leary family for over a century!
- Murphy’s Bar – Great Guiness and you’re likely to find a session.
- JM Reidy’s – Yes, we know. We may have mentioned this lot before but it really is a quality stopping place.
- Social 15 – Killarney’s newest nightlife venue.
- Killarney Grand – Live music 7 nights a week, kicking off at 9pm with trad music sessions.
- The Liquid Lounge – Aimed at the over 30s, with resident pianist and comfy seats.
- Fáilte – A session or two has taken place here over the years…
- Dunloe & Tatler Jack’s – Local musicians play every weekend.
Accommodation | KIFF recommends…
In terms of accommodation, we’ve made some friends over the years. Here are some places who provide something above and beyond the ordinary in terms of their price range. These hosts genuinely want you to enjoy your stay.
- Randles Hotel – Supporters of KIFF, this hotel is known for comfort and elegance of an era long since passed complemented by the most modern of facilities.
- Dromhall Hotel
- The Killarney Plaza – Another friend of KIFF’s …
- The Fairview Hotel
- Scotts Hotel and Apartments
- The Glen
- The Brehon
- The Killarney Royal
- The Great Southern Hotel
Air B n B:
Old School B & Bs:
- Slieve Bloom Manor – Highly-acclaimed, family-run, eco B & B
- Ardree House B&B
- Kingdom B&B
- Killarney Inn
- CherryTree Guesthouse
- Holiday Inn Killarney
- Harmony Inn/ Glena House
- The Black Sheep Hostel – an award-winning eco hostel in a recently renovated, 19th century townhouse)
- The Shire –
- Neptunes (Cheap, cheerful, clean and green…)