About Kerry International Film Festival:
Kerry International Film Festival (KIFF) takes place in Killarney, Co. Kerry in October. Over the past 22 years KIFF has become a vital element of Kerry’s cultural landscape, delivering a unique film experience to the local community with our annual festival and multiple screenings across Kerry during the year. KIFF’s 2020 online festival reached over 17K+ streams across our multiple platforms. The 2021 event will be the 22nd edition of the festival and runs from 14th -17th October 2021. The format (online, physical or a blended festival) of the event is to be confirmed. KIFF is dedicated to bringing new cultural experience through film to Kerry audiences. Through our carefully curated work, we deliver new and diverse film experiences, creating a hub of film creativity and appreciation, by championing the work of, both established and emerging, local and international filmmakers.
Our Administration Coordinator is a key support to our senior management team. They are responsible for maintaining the smooth running and day-to-day operation of the 2021 festival. They will also take an active role in related admin such as the marketing, outreach, financial and communication duties.We are looking for someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent written English, who is self-motivated and can work to deadlines, to be part of a small driven team. It is a flexible, remote, part-time position from May-Aug, with a choice of own hours, but an increase in (less flexible) hours Aug-Oct. Remote working and on-site for events and/or leading up to the festival.
- General Office administration, including calls, emails on behalf of the organisation.
- Support the festival heads of departments in marketing, outreach and audience development.
- Copywriting & brochure coordination, including proofreading and copy editing.
- Liaising with team members including interns, volunteers and audience.
- Working with the venders and staff to raise sales invoices and reports
- Administering the festival’s petty cash and other cash-out activities if needed.
- Promoting sustainable working practices and reducing the environmental impact of the festival.
- Local engagement including outreach, research & site visits.
- Working with the Festival Directors to ensure appropriate tracking and reporting, including financial.
- Be willing to undertake any necessary training or development in order to fulfill the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable with copy editing.
- Based in Kerry or in the surrounding area.
- Clean driver’s license with access to car.
- Willing to travel across Kerry.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar administrationor festival coordination role.
- Computer literate and/or quick to learn, including Zoom, Google suite, Word.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (including video calls).
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organised.
- Creative problem solver who is punctual and reliable.
- Financial literacy in preparing budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and coordinate workflows between team members to meet deadlines.
- Self starter with the ability to work accurately at necessary pace and speed.
- Knowledge of Kerry Arts community.
- Fluent and confident with all social media platforms.
- Comfortable with garda vetting and working with kids.
- Willing to help out other team members of the small team on other duties if required.
- Positive and upbeat person.
- Familiar with Filmfreeway, WordPress & Canva.
- Contacts and relationships within Kerry education, arts or commerce sectors.
- Passion & knowledge of film and/or film industry.
- Experience in developing fundraising strategies and brokering partnerships within an arts and/or cultural context.
- Creative thinker who is excited to think outside the box and pitch ideas.
We’re especially interested in applications from people who identify with groups that are currently underrepresented in the creative and cultural industries.We welcome applications from people under-represented in the arts community, including disabled people and ethnically diverse people, people from low socio-economic backgrounds and other swith protected characteristics. We are happy to adjust the role and meet any accessibility requirements for the right candidate.
Terms & Conditions
Job title: Administration Coordinator
Reporting to: Festival Directors
Pay: Flat fee, dependent on experience
Hours: Start dates – Early June.
June – Aug, flexible & remote part time (with a choice of own hours)
Late Aug – Oct, increase in (less flexible) hours, especially on run up to festival launch & festival dates. (Oct 14 – 17th)
Contract: June – Nov
Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org include “Administration Coordinator ” in the subject line.
Please note: as a small team we may not be able torespond to every application. If this role is notright for you but you wish to volunteer or are interestedin an internship in the run up to KIFF 2021 please get in touch.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
The closing date for this position is Sunday May 30th, 2021